The Vision of the People of Praise Community is "Harvesting souls daily and perfecting praise always." The vision of the Community mirrors that of the early Church as described in the Gospels and the Acts of the Apostles. Firstly, we facilitate members having an encounter with the living Christ (through Life in the Spirit Seminars, prayer meetings and retreat experiences) which then leads to the development of a vibrant faith in the power and love of God, personal prayer life and earnest yearning for others to have a similar encounter. The desired end result is the renewal of individuals, families, parish and wider church.
In response to the call of the New Evangelization issued by Pope Saint John Paul II, the Mission statement of the People of Praise Community is: “Proclaiming and teaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ to all peoples, raising up a People of Praise, a People of Music and a Joyful Witness.”
The People of Praise Community exits to evangelize. The Community’s purpose is defined by the following objectives:
- That every member comes to know Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Saviour and to experience the release of the Holy Spirit in their lives (facilitated through Life in the Spirit Seminars)
- To create an enabling environment conducive to authentic, integral human development of the individual and community
- To spread the Good News, the Gospel of Jesus Christ, to family, friends and the wider society
- To collaborate with Parishes, Commissions, Vicariates and the wider Archdiocese in pursuing the New Evangelization and any Synod or canonical priorities as determined by the Archdiocese
Way of Life
The Community’s Watch Words are “Praise, a Way of Life”
"My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me and to complete His work” (John 4:34) is People of Praise Community’s foundational scripture.
Community members meet on a regular basis to support each other in prayer, to study God’s Word and to build friendships based upon Christian principles.
- Celebration of Holy Mass
- Weekly Prayer Meetings
- Eucharistic Adoration
- Weekly Youth & Young Adult Meetings
- Weekly Choir and Band Practices
- Weekly Intercessory Prayer Meetings
- Weekly Children’s Ministry
- Weekly Home Visitations (sick, evangelization, grief support, etc.)
- Peer Counseling services by appointment
- Prison Ministry Youth Training Centre (YTC) (on the 3rd Sunday of each month)
- Food Distribution Ministry
- Retreats, Seminars, Workshops
- Prayer Vigils